Antisense & RNAi Therapeutics Industry Overview
The global antisense & RNAi therapeutics market size is expected to reach USD 1.81 billion by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 7.5%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Development in biological vectors and nanotechnology and rising external funding to conduct clinical studies pertaining to introduction of novel drug moieties play a vital role in the process of product development and fuel growth in this market.
Antisense & RNAi Therapeutics Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global antisense & RNAi therapeutics market on the basis of technology, application, route of administration, and region:
Based on the Technology Insights, the market is segmented into RNA Interference, Antisense RNA.
- Antisense RNA has led the market in terms of revenue generation. These molecules are being tested to prevent disease onset and to halt the disease progression.
- Recent studies have shown that molecules with the use of antisense technology being trailed for spinal muscular atrophy and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis have shown promising results.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Oncology, Cardiovascular Diseases (CVDs), Respiratory Disorders, Renal Diseases, Neurodegenerative Disorders, Genetic Disorders, Infectious Diseases, Other.
- The rising need for the cure and prevention of diseases like cancer, HIV, and other diseases caused by mutating viruses is anticipated to influence the usage rate of oligonucleotide products. An increasing number of clinical trials for the oligonucleotide drugs exhibit that the field is rapidly expanding.
- Substantial pipeline for cancer therapies by companies and institutes such as Enzon Pharmaceuticals (Santaris Pharma), University of Texas, OncoGenex, Isarna Therapeutics, Astrazeneca (Ionis Pharmaceuticals), and INSYS Therapeutics, Inc. are expected to drive the market.
- Nanocarriers can minimize the toxicity of these oligonucleotides. However, considerable bottlenecks of these nanoparticle systems are that they are influenced by inter and intra-tumor heterogeneity.
Based on the Route of Administration Insights, the market is segmented into Pulmonary Delivery, Intravenous Injections, Intra-dermal Injections, Intraperitoneal Injections, Topical Delivery, Other Delivery Methods.
- Route of administration is one of the most important aspects of any genetically modified molecule. The efficacy of these molecules varies based on the method of administration, the vector used for the genetically modified molecule, type of molecule for injection.
- Most of the studies that in progress use largely employ attenuated viral particles or bacterial cells and are injected intravenously for the treatment.
- Scientists are developing novel delivery systems like nanocarriers, to promote the in-vivo delivery of the oligonucleotides. Nanocarriers are known to enhance the bioavailability, carrying capacity of siRNA payload and they provide high interaction with the target cells.
Antisense & RNAi Therapeutics Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The companies are involved in the development of RNAi therapies and platforms that offer medicines, diagnostics, and personalized treatment options for key diseases. Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Akcea Therapeutics, Quark Pharmaceuticals, and Gene Signal are several other companies with stronger pipeline portfolio.
Some prominent players in the global antisense & RNAi therapeutics market include
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals
- Marina Biosciences
- Benitec Biopharma
Order a free sample PDF of the Antisense & RNAi Therapeutics Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519