C-reactive Protein Testing Industry Overview
The global C-reactive protein testing market size is expected to reach USD 5.6 billion by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 0.3% from 2021 to 2028. The market growth can be attributed to substantial research activities to explore the applications of C-reactive protein (CRP) testing coupled with the presence of private as well as public agencies which grant funds to expedite the research proceedings in this arena.
C-reactive Protein Testing Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global C-reactive protein testing market on the basis of assay type, detection range, disease area, end-use, and region:
Based on the Assay Type Insights, the market is segmented into Immunoturbidimetric Assay, ELISA, Chemiluminescence Immunoassay, Others.
- The immunoturbidimetric assays dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 48.5% in 2020.
- The application of this technique in several, chronic disorders of the cardiac and respiratory systems is expected to aid in the dominance of the segment in the coming years
- Developments in the Chemiluminescence Immunoassay (CLIA) technique to provide accurate results are expected to propel growth in the market, by driving the segment.
- Agappe Diagnostic Limited has developed a new reagent for this assay. Furthermore, presence of POC devices based on the principle involved in this technique contributes substantially to the estimated share.
Based on the Detection Range Insights, the market is segmented into hs-CRP, Conventional CRP, cCRP.
- The hs-CRP segment dominated the CRP testing market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 42.8% in 2020. The segment is anticipated to witness a CAGR of 0.3% from 2021 – 2028.
- According to American Heart Association (AHA) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), hs-CRP acts as an independent marker that facilitates in the estimation of cardiovascular disorders such as myocardial infarction.
- A research study on inflammatory markers found the association between high hs-CRP levels and disease activities in rheumatoid arthritis. According to the study, a higher level of serum hs-CRP is a potential biomarker for determining the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis.
- The development of various hs-CRP-based POC testing devices by various market entities is also predicted to boost market growth. Technological advancements in conventional CRP methods are anticipated to propel the segment growth during the forecast period.
Based on the Disease Type Insights, the market is segmented into Cardiovascular Diseases, Cancer, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Endometriosis, Lupus, Others.
- The Cardiovascular diseases (CVD) segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 21.8% in 2020. An increase in the prevalence of CVDs is the major factor contributing to the growth of the market.
- The cancer segment held the second-largest revenue share in 2020. It is a crucial public health burden across the globe. According to the WHO, there are more than 1.9 million deaths and 3.7 million new cancer cases every year in the European region, hence, there is a need for large-scale adoption of POC CRP testing solutions to aid in the management of cancer in developed and developing countries across the globe.
- The rapid transmission of COVID-19 infection has increased the demand for CRP testing services and products. This has led to an increase of more than 600%; from 2019 to 2020; in the revenue generation of other disease-type segments.
- This study was published in the Journal for Therapeutic Apheresis and Dialysis in June 2020. This therapy option includes C-reactive protein apheresis for SARS-CoV-2 patients suffering from organ damage.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into Clinics, Hospitals, Laboratories, Assisted Living Healthcare Facilities, Home, Others.
- The hospitals segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 27.2% in 2020. The growth of the hospitals segment can be attributed to the rising penetration of CRP testing in hospitals, especially in developing regions across the world.
- The rising incidence of COVID-19, cardiovascular disorders, and cancer-related infections has led to an increase in hospital visits and thereby the adoption of CRP testing kits. This would further provide growth avenues to the market.
- The clinics segment held a substantial market share throughout the analysis period. CRP testing technology has expanded in the past few years with noteworthy developments in areas of point-of-care and hs-CRP.
C-reactive Protein Testing Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
Key market participants are involved in growth strategies to expand their C-reactive protein testing business. For instance, in July 2021, Boditech Med, Inc. announced plans for expansion of its production capacity two-fold.
Some prominent players in the global C-reactive protein testing market include
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Quest Diagnostics
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- Merck KGaAA
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics
- Getein Biotech, Inc.
- HORIBA, Ltd
- Randox Laboratories Ltd.
- BODITECH MED, INC.
Order a free sample PDF of the C-reactive Protein Testing Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519