What are the causes of the internal leakage of the tubular heat exchanger?
The internal leakage of the heat exchanger may have the following reasons:
(1) The heat exchange tube is corroded, perforated, or broken.
(2) Leakage is caused by corrosion and thinning of the nozzle.
(3) The expansion joint of the heat exchange tube and the tube sheet is loose.
(4) Cracks, blowholes, or corrosion perforations occur at the welding place between the heat exchange tube and the tube sheet.
(5) The small floating head bolts are loose or broken.
(6) The small floating head gasket is damaged.
(7) The seal of the small floating head or floating tube sheet is damaged.
What is the requirement for the number of blocked pipes in the overhaul of tubular heat exchangers?
The corroded perforation of individual tubes of the bundle is allowed to be plugged with a machined metal plunger of 3° or up to 5°.
In general, the number of blocked pipes in the same pipeline does not exceed 10% of the number of main pipes, but it may be increased appropriately according to the technical requirements.
Why are some tube-type heat exchangers installed upright and some horizontal (horizontal)?
Some tube heat exchangers are vertical and some are horizontal, mainly from the following aspects:
1. Production process requirements
As some reboilers need a certain height of the liquid level of medium, if horizontal heat exchangers are used, it cannot meet the requirements of liquid level height, so vertical heat exchangers must be selected.
2. Large scale
If a processing unit heat exchange area needs thousands of square meters, choosing a horizontal heat exchanger with a heat pipe length of 6m, you may need several heat exchangers, which cover a large area and is not conducive to the effective space layout of the device. If you choose a vertical heat exchanger with a length of 12m, one can solve the problem.
3. Reducing pressure drop
Some production processes require that the pressure drop in the medium transportation process be reduced as much as possible. Select vertical replacement heat exchangers and arrange them in parallel with the tower to shorten the connection line with the tower and reduce the pressure drop.