Disposable Gloves Industry Overview
The global disposable gloves market size was valued at USD 12.31 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.8% from 2022 to 2030.
The growing demand for disposable gloves, especially from the healthcare industry amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, along with the rising awareness regarding healthcare-associated infections, is expected to fuel the market growth. The healthcare sector in major developing economies is anticipated to witness substantial growth on account of several factors, such as increasing investments in both the private and public sectors, rising population, the high influx of migrants, and the growing geriatric population. Furthermore, rising healthcare expenditure is projected to boost the growth of the healthcare sector, which, in turn, is estimated to augment the demand for disposable gloves.
Gather more insights about the market drivers, restrains and growth of the Global Disposable Gloves Market
The presence of sophisticated healthcare infrastructure, higher disposable income levels of patients, and a large base of geriatric population are some vital drivers of the disposable gloves industry in the U.S. Furthermore, the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic in the country has augmented the demand for disposable gloves, especially in the healthcare sector to reduce further transmission. Contact with harmful chemicals in the working environment of the industries has been one of the major factors associated with health issues among workers. Skin diseases, rashes, hand cuts, amputation, and bloodborne pathogens are the common risks experienced in various industries such as healthcare, medical, and mining. Safety regulations are likely to be the key factors anticipated to drive the market over the forecast period.
Rising awareness regarding the importance of raw materials in providing high heat resistance, comfort, elasticity, and lightweight properties is anticipated to boost the research & development activities of major players in the market. These initiatives aim to achieve the multi-functionality of disposable gloves and widen their application scope by adding innovative add-ons to the existing designs. The production of disposable gloves is highly capital-intensive on account of the high raw material costs and complex manufacturing methods. Major raw material suppliers in the market have integrated along the value chain to develop disposable gloves, which is expected to boost the competitiveness in the market.
Browse through Grand View Research's Advanced Materials Industry Research Reports.
- Middle East & North Africa Disposable Gloves Market – The Middle East and North Africa disposable gloves market size was valued at USD 298.5 million in 2019 and is expected to grow at a compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.3% from 2020 to 2027. Rising awareness among the industry players pertaining to labor safety at workplaces is expected to drive the demand for disposable gloves in the region. On account of their low prices and chemical resilience, vinyl or polyvinyl chloride gloves have gained significance in food processing, medical, and healthcare sectors.
- Nitrile Gloves Market – The global nitrile gloves market size was estimated at USD 8.76 billion in 2021 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.7% from 2022 to 2030. The market growth is expected to be driven by growing healthcare expenditure, increased significance of workplace safety, and the rising awareness of healthcare-associated infections.
Disposable Gloves Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global disposable gloves market report on the basis of material, product, end use, and region:
- Disposable Gloves Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Natural Rubber
- Disposable Gloves Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Disposable Gloves End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- Medical & Healthcare
- Automotive Finishing
- Automotive Aftermarket
- O&G and Mining
- F&B Processing
- F&B Service
- Metal & Machinery
- Chemical & Petrochemical
- Academic R&D
- Industrial R&D
- Medical & Healthcare
- Disposable Gloves Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2030)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Market Share Insights
- September 2021: American Nitrile, which is an Ohio-based privately held organization sent off a nitrile glove producing 527,000-square-foot industrial facility in Grove City, United States, and is supposed to make 400 new positions in the city.
- January 2017 – U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banned the manufacturing, sales, and distribution of all powdered patient examination gloves, powdered surgeon gloves, and absorbable powder used to lubricate surgeon's gloves, which, in turn, is anticipated to hamper the growth of the powdered gloves market over the forecast period.
Key Companies profiled:
Some prominent players in the global disposable gloves market include:
- Ansell Ltd.
- Top Glove Corporation Bhd
- Hartalega Holdings Berhad
- Supermax Corporation Berhad
- Kossan Rubber Industries Bhd
- Ammex Corporation
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation
- Sempermed USA, Inc.
- MCR Safety
Order a free sample PDF of the Disposable Gloves Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519