You have come to the right place if you are trying to print something from your device but getting the error message Driver is Unavailable For Canon Printer and you are in dire need of a fix. This issue typically arises when your device’s installed printer driver is out-of-date or incompatible. Don’t worry; there are simple solutions to your situation. You’ll be able to print once more if you apply these adjustments. However, try these remedies first, which will involve testing a few things on your device, before moving forward.
A software upgrade has been connected to several instances of the unavailable printer driver issue. It’s important to understand what a printer driver is before getting into the remedies for the “Printer driver is unavailable” problem. A printer driver is a piece of software that permits communication between your operating system and printer. Your printer can quickly resume operation with a few simple repairs.
How To Fix Canon Printer Driver Is Unavailable Error On Windows
Finding the Canon printer unavailable for your PCs and workstations can undoubtedly be a frustrating process. Although there is nothing wrong with Windows in this case, some users encounter errors like Windows cannot find the printer driver. In other words, how to resolve the Windows error that the printer driver is unavailable. If you encounter this error, there’s no need to worry; simply ask for printer driver unavailable Windows at the door and use that to successfully fix the problem. The issue of the unavailable printer driver occurs frequently. As a result, a lot of individuals forget to update their printer driver, which is the main cause of this problem. However, find out how to fix the Windows printer driver not found and USB driver not found errors. The recommendations listed below can be tried out and are not at all difficult to implement.
Solution 1: Apply a Windows update
The printer driver can stop working due to an out-of-date operating system. You should make an effort to use the most recent updates as soon as they become available because of this. In addition to resolving your present issue, doing this may also resolve hidden problems. How to run Windows Update is as follows:
- Your keyboard’s Windows key can be used to launch the Start menu.
- To access the Settings app, click the Gear symbol on the left side pane.
- Navigate to Update & Security > Windows Update after entering Settings.
- Select “Check for updates” from the menu.
- Restart the computer once Windows has downloaded and installed all available updates.
When encountering the error being discussed, taking this action is the quickest way to potentially restore your printer’s functioning. To find out if the problem has been resolved, perform a test job.
Solution 2: Automatically Update The Printer Driver
Your primary hardware drivers require regular updates, just like Windows does. If you haven’t updated your printer driver in a while and are getting the driver unavailable error, you may want to do so right now. The present printer driver can simply be out of date and ineffective. Normally, this is a simple process, but if you have never updated drivers before, it may become challenging. You don’t want to install the incorrect driver and make matters more difficult. In order to save time and effort, it is advised to update drivers using specialised software, such as Auslogics Driver Updater. Using the utility, you may bring all out-of-date drivers on your PC, including the printer driver, up to current. With just one click, you can do this, and the programme will also assist you in finding and resolving additional driver-related problems. As an alternative, you can utilise Windows to update the driver automatically as follows:
- As you press X, keep the Windows key depressed.
- Choosing Device Manager
- Find the printer for which you want to install drivers. It can be found in the “Print queues” or “Printers” sections. You could discover the printer driver under “Unknown devices” or “Other devices” if it isn’t working properly.
- “Update driver” can be chosen by right-clicking the printer driver.
- Select the “Search automatically for drivers” option on the next box.
If the drivers are located, Windows will search online and download them. Restart your computer after the installation, whether you used specialised software like Driver Updater or Windows.
Solution 3: Update The Printer Manually
If the procedure mentioned above doesn’t work, you can install the printer driver manually. You need to know the name and model of your printer to do this. You may then select the appropriate driver to download thanks to this.
Find the model of your printer first. Look for any identification labels on the hardware’s outside, or go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Take note of the manufacturer, brand, and version. Next, find the precise driver you require on the manufacturer’s support page. Install the appropriate driver for your computer as you would any other programme. You can run the installer as an administrator to avoid any potential problems.
Solution 4: Reinstall Your Printer Completely
To fix the printer driver not available problem in Windows 10, you might have to disconnect and reconnect your printer. You will physically unplug the printer from your computer, uninstall the printer’s drivers from your computer, and then reinstall everything. Even though it could take some time, the payoff will probably be worthwhile.
- Your computer’s Control Panel should be opened, and the view mode should be Category.
- Under Hardware and Sound, click the link that says “View devices and printers.”
- Your printers and other devices can be found here. Then click “Remove device” from the context menu of the malfunctioning printer. If a UAC prompt appears, click Yes.
- Locate the printer device in Device Manager, right-click it, and choose “Uninstall device.” Do not be alarmed if you cannot see the gadget here; this simply indicates that step 3 has already resulted in its removal.
- Activate “Uninstall an application” under Control Panel. Install any printer-related programmes you see here.
- The printer and PC can now be separated. If it’s a USB connection, remove the plug or unplug it from the router. Turn off the power to each device’s power source, including the router, printer, and computer.
- After about 10 minutes, wait before plugging everything back in and re-connecting everything. Your computer must to recognise the printer and set up the required drivers.
You can make the printer your default printer once it starts functioning once more. Return to Step 3 above’s Devices and Printers, right-click the printer, and choose “Set as default printer.”
Solution 5. Make Use Of The Default Printer Driver
The most recent compatible printer drivers are occasionally released slowly by some manufacturers. In the event that you upgrade to Windows 10, this can render your printer useless. Use the generic Microsoft printer driver in the interim if the device isn’t working and there isn’t a recent update.
- Locate the printer in Device Manager, right-click it, and choose “Update driver.”
- Choose “Browse my computer for drivers” in the following box.
- Choose “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my machine” in the next box.
- Click Next after selecting “Generic Software Device.”
- For your printer, Windows will install the default printer driver. Even if you lose some specialised features, you can still use your printer.
You probably identified the source of the printer issue and selected the most effective solution by carefully reading and using the advice in the article. Your printer driver needs to be updated, reinstalled, or replaced to resolve the “Printer driver is unavailable” issue.
Also Read: ij.start.canon Setup