Ended up in QuickBooks error stating: “The attempt to login with the user name failed. This user is already logged into the company file. Try a different user name”. or “User ID Admin is already logged into the company file.” Well, this error is often seen when the user tries to login the company file. It can be caused due to handful of reasons, which we will be discussing later in this post. Note that, as a result of such an error, the user might not be able to use the company file. To know more about such an error, make sure to read the post till the end or contact us at +1-844-405-0907 and our experts will provide you with immediate support and assistance.
Why does such an error occur?
There can be a couple of reasons behind the occurrence of such an error in QuickBooks. Let us have a look:
- One of the basic causes can be if the software user or accountant is logging into the company data file using the Remote Access and hasn’t logged out from his last session.
- Another reason for the same can be if the user or accountant The user or accountant is already logged into company file using the same credential from a different computer.
- In case there is any electricity or power supply issue, then such an error can be experienced
Steps to fix the issue
The user can try to perform the below set of steps to fix the issue successfully in QuickBooks.
- Before starting make sure to close all QuickBooks processes
- And then press ctrl + Alt + Delete tabs on your keyboard to go to task manager.
- Now, head to the Processes tab.
- Sort the image name of processes in alphabetical order of running all processes.
- Choose and end every single process starting with “QB”. To do that, just do a right-click on the process name and press End process.
- After that log In to the QB company data file.
- Also reboot the server where you wish to store and host your company data file.
- The next step is to host QuickBooks desktop.
- And also open a company data file.
- If you fail to open a file, try to log in as a different user.
- If you still can’t log in, contact your QuickBooks Administrator.
- In case you are a QuickBooks Administrator, and you use QuickBooks version 2008 or later, then you will have to reset credential
- Now, press reset button on the login screen and answer the displayed questions.
Read Also: Steps to Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6189 and 816?
We end this post right here with the hope that the information discussed above might be of some help in eliminating the error successfully. However, if you are unable to even after performing the set of steps discussed, then make sure to contact our QuickBooks Error Support team at +1-844-405-0907. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock to provide immediate support and assistance for all sorts of QuickBooks related issues.