Lawn Mowers Industry Overview
The global lawn mowers market size is projected to reach USD 48.6 billion by 2030, registering a CAGR of 5.7%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The industry growth witnessed a mild hiccup with supply disruptions from the impact of COVID-19 in 2020; however, the growth declined by not more than one percent. The newly minted work-from-home model paved the way for several consumers with more time to involve in gardening and lawn mowing activities. With households diverting funds from traveling to home landscape projects, the market reached pre-COVID levels in 2021. However, factors such as ongoing semiconductor shortage, rising labor costs, and materials associated with upgraded customer comforts, more robust frames, and high-quality mowers are influencing the lawn mower's prices, thereby limiting the market growth over the forecast period.
Lawn Mowers Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global lawn mowers market based on product, end-use, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Manual, Electric, Petrol, Robotic, Others.
- The electric-powered lawn mowers segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 29.7% in 2021. This growth is ascribed to ease of use and high torque to weight ratio, enabling these lawnmowers to cut tall grass. The segment captured a sizeable share in 2021 and is anticipated to register a steady CAGR exceeding 5.0% from 2022 to 2030.
- Furthermore, advancements in battery-powered engines have increased the durability and efficiency of these mowers, making them one of the popular choices among users.
- The robotic mowers segment is projected to surpass 15.0 billion by 2030, almost 2.5 times the market size in 2021. The massive segment growth is ascribed to consumer inclination towards tech-savvy products that offer convenience and environment-friendly options.
- Furthermore, the price for robotic products has reached affordable price points increasing their adoption in developed markets over the last few years. Consumers prefer to integrate these mowers with their existing smart home ecosystem, allowing them to control the device remotely using a smartphone-based app.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into Residential, Commercial & Government.
- The residential segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of around 60.0% in 2021. Lawnmowers are primarily used in a residential setting for gardening applications, whereas in commercial spaces, for large-scale landscaping applications and lawn maintenance. The demand for lawn mowers in the residential market witnessed an uptick post-2020 and exceeded USD 18 billion in 2021.
- This healthy demand is ascribed to the proliferation of remote working models worldwide, giving consumers time to engage in leisure activities such as gardening or DIY gardening from their homes.
- On the other hand, commercial gardening or landscaping witnessed a minor impediment with projects and associated spending taking a halt due to worldwide lockdown restrictions. Due to supply disruptions, economic uncertainty, and smaller budgets, orders were stalled for the said period.
Lawn Mowers Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
On-going semiconductor shortage coupled with the surge in raw material prices such as steel, and aluminum, supply & logistic delays, and increasing transportation costs while keeping pace with the growing competition are some of the short-term bottlenecks for OEMs. The focus for almost all OEMs in the market going forward will be to seek ways to make automation an integral part of their product offerings.
Some prominent players in the global lawn mowers market include
- American Honda Motor Co., Inc.
- Ariens Company
- Briggs Stratton
- Deere & Company
- Deere & Company
- Falcon Garden Tools
- Husqvarna Group
- MTD Products
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Robomow Friendly House
- The Toro Company
Order a free sample PDF of the Lawn Mowers Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519