QuickBooks has always been the most preferred choice of small businesses and even accountants. The software is precise, simplifies complex tasks, and gives expected results. QuickBooks is capable of converting the files into a document format, which makes them easy to be shared and accessed by the receiver. But sometimes, QuickBooks cannot create pdf, and the software may showcase some errors while saving the files. If the same issue is occurring in your system, keep reading the blog and know the reasons behind it, along with the effective methods that can be used to eliminate this error from your QuickBooks.
If you find doing this complex and time-consuming, call +1-855-856-0042 to take help from an expert.
About the issue
Once infected with this issue, your QuickBooks won’t be able to save your files in a Portable Document Format(.pdf). This issue will keep you away from the benefit of saving your QuickBooks documents and forms in PDF format and sharing them easily through email or storing them in an external drive. Every you try to save the file, you’ll see an error message notifying a problem while saving the file.
The reasons which can be responsible for this issue in your QuickBooks are-
1. The built-in PDF converter in QuickBooks is facing some issues or may have crashed.
2. Some program files of QuickBooks are missing, leading to crashes in QuickBooks background processes.
3. The location specified in QuickBooks for storing the file is wrong, or the folders don’t exist.
Also read: QuickBooks Error H303
Here are some of the solutions that can quickly resolve this issue from your QuickBooks-
Solution 1- Use the PDF and Print repair tool available in the QuickBooks Tool hub
QuickBooks Tools hub can be utilized to fix common errors that can occur frequently. The tools can automatically scan the files for issues and remove them if found. You should always use the latest version of QuickBooks Tool hub on your PC; proceed to the steps if already installed-
1. Open the QuickBooks Tool hub on your PC.
2. Click on Program Problems from the list.
3. Select the PDF & Print repair tool and let it run.
4. Wait for the process to complete and then reopen QuickBooks.
If you can still not save files in PDF format, try the next solution.
Also read: QuickBooks Error 6130
Solution 2- Make some changes in the temp folder permissions
This error can also occur if the folder permissions of the temp folder are blocking QuickBooks; follow the steps to configure the permissions-
1. Press Windows + R on your keyboard to open the Run window.
2. Type %Temp% as a command.
3. Right-click on the temp folder and select Properties.
4. Go to the Security tab, click on all the user accounts, and ensure the checkbox for Full Control in folder permissions is marked.
5. Once the permissions are in place, reopen QuickBooks and try to save a file.
Your file will be saved in PDF format after using the above solutions.
You may like to see: QuickBooks Error 6069
This is the end of our blog that explains why your QuickBooks cannot create pdf files, and you are facing issues while saving your QB documents. The blog also has the appropriate solutions to this issue; we expect the problem is now resolved from your QuickBooks, and you can easily save your files in PDF format.
For any more doubts, you can call +1-855-856-0042 to reach a QB expert for guidance.